K&N Air Filter BMW Z4 M40i?

Art

Fahrer
Wagen
BMW Z4 G29 M40i
Does anyone have any experience of using K&N Replacement Air Filter on BMW Z4 M40i?
Thanks.

Anhänge

• K&N Air Filter BMW Z4 M40i.jpg
    K&N Air Filter BMW Z4 M40i.jpg
    82,1 KB · Aufrufe: 1
What is (or should be) the benefit of this special air filter??
Hello Tom and Jeeper40.
Well, I used a K&N airfilter on my previous car (Audi TTS) after tuning up the engine, and got the impression that the car was breathing better. I am thinking of eventually using a K&N airfilter also on my new (and non-tuned up) Z4 M40i. It would be interesting to hear about german users experiences.

...as I have not received my M40i yet, unfortunately I cannot give you any hint or idea...but when you told your car was „breathing better“ - did you had the experience that there were more power...? Or what other effects did you realize?
Thanks for an update and have a good one! ;)

...as I have not received my M40i yet, unfortunately I cannot give you any hint or idea...but when you told your car was „breathing better“ - did you had the experience that there were more power...? Or what other effects did you realize?
Thanks for an update and have a good one! ;)
Hello Tom.
To be honest with you I am not an expert on cars/engines, just love a good ride. :) So, when I said Yes to a K&N filter on my previous car, it was because the technician who tuned up the engine of the TTS recommended me to trade the original air filter with a K&N. According to the technician, the combination of tuning (remapping), Miltek exhaust, and K&N filter was best, and yes the car was much faster. :)
Cheers

Thanks Jeeper40.
Yes that's right, the filter is washable and reusable, although I just changed it with a new one. :)

Ich kann mir nicht vorstellen, was so ein Plattenfilter viel bringen sollte. Dann doch lieber gleich ein richtiges Ansaugsystem wie z. B. das von Eventuri

Wobei ich den Leistungszuwachs schon etwas anzweifle. Aber klangtechnisch dürfte es wohl etwas bringen.

Ich kann mir nicht vorstellen, was so ein Plattenfilter viel bringen sollte. Dann doch lieber gleich ein richtiges Ansaugsystem wie z. B. das von Eventuri

Wobei ich den Leistungszuwachs schon etwas anzweifle. Aber klangtechnisch dürfte es wohl etwas bringen.

...das Eventuri ist sicherlich klasse, aber leider völlig überzogen teuer (die Hälfte wäre in meinen Augen angemessen) und wenn tatsächlich ein Viertel des versprochenen Leistungszuwachses übrig bleibt, darf man sich vermutlich schon freuen wie ein Schnitzel. "Nur" für ein bisschen veränderten Klang ist dieses System sicherlich deutlich zu teuer - auch wenn es toll aussieht und sich vermutlich auch ganz gut anhört. Wer klanglich und technisch wirklich etwas bewirken möchte und nur wenig mehr investiert, verbaut sich eine ECE Downpipe und hat deutlich mehr erreicht. ;)

Aber sorry, nach dem kurzen Ausritt, wieder zurück zum Thema. :kniefall

Zurück
Oben Unten