M performance brake callipers (new 4 pot) adaptation (Help!!)

santiaguin

Fahrer
Wagen
BMW Z4 e86 coupé 3,0si
Hello all,
I have the opportunity of buying a set of M performance brake callipers (new 4 pot) to adapt them to my z4 E86 3.0si.
I got some pics from the seller with some measurements, but don't know if I can use them easily with front z4M discs and my stock rear discs. Anyone knows or tried before?
Thanks
105tuh5.jpg

331ew5g.jpg

If i'm not mistaken, this calipers are meant to be used with a 370mm disk in the front. The 345x28 Z4M disks should be used either with the custom Z4M/CSL calipers or with the BMW Performance 6-Piston calipers. I don't know how familiar you are with German but this guide i wrote might be helpful for your plans (it's about the 6-piston break, but it's basically the same for every system). guide

If you got any question about the guide just pn me and I try to figure it out for you.

greez

Roman

If i'm not mistaken, this calipers are meant to be used with a 370mm disk in the front. The 345x28 Z4M disks should be used either with the custom Z4M/CSL calipers or with the BMW Performance 6-Piston calipers. I don't know how familiar you are with German but this guide i wrote might be helpful for your plans (it's about the 6-piston break, but it's basically the same for every system). guide

If you got any question about the guide just pn me and I try to figure it out for you.

greez

Roman

Hi, thanks for the link.
In fact that callipers are very strange, because fronts are for 340mm and rears for 345mm :S
The issue is that I have the oportunity of buying these set for a good price and also don't like very much the performance 6-pot callipers.

Best,
Santi

Hi,

That is really strange. I've never heard about a breaking system which has bigger disks in the rear..
Do you have any ID for the parts?

I'm not sure, if it's such a good idea to instal the complete system into the z4 as it could move the breaking balance to far to the rear.. But even if you just instal it in the front it'll still mean an improvement

Finally the buyer decided to sell me just the callipers at a very good price. I will try to adapt them with front z4M brake disks and oem rear ones. Let's see when I have the callipers and the zet in the elevator.

I have bought these callipers and seems that the separation between holes is very similar between 135i and z4 (12.2 or 12.3cm).
I suppose that also 6-pot callipers for 135i has same separation. I wonder why then adaptors are required? Anyone knows? Maybe 345 brake discs are too big?

Zurück
Oben Unten